Job Title: Welder
Job Summary: A Welder is responsible for joining metal parts together using various welding techniques to create a strong, durable, and structurally sound product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select appropriate welding processes, materials, and equipment based on project requirements.
- Set up and maintain welding equipment, ensuring it operates correctly and safely.
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning, grinding, or cutting to remove impurities and ensure proper fit-up.
- Safely operate welding equipment, MIG welding, oxy-acetylene torches.
- Monitor and adjust welding parameters to achieve the desired weld quality, penetration, and appearance.
- Follow established welding procedures and safety protocols to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Inspect welded joints to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications.
- Perform post-welding tasks, such as grinding, polishing, and cleaning, to prepare finished products.
- Maintain welding equipment by performing regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Complete required documentation, such as welding logs and quality control reports.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Physical stamina and dexterity to perform manual tasks and work in various positions.
- Knowledge of welding safety procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with different types of welding materials, including ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
Pay Range: $17.50 – $22.00 Hour.