B2500 Plated Brake Winch
The B2500 Plated Brake Winch is for horizontal pulling and vertical lifting applications. 2,500 lb. capacity. 12-1/4 in. handle with ergonomic handle grip. Built-in fully automatic friction brake. It holds load exactly in position. Zinc plated TUFFPLATE finish on base and hardware, powder-coated black reel. Identical to B1502 except for 1-1/8″ reel hub diameter. Intended for a higher frequency and duration of use than DLB-series brake winches.
- NOTE: This winch requires a 300 lb. minimum operating load to function properly.
The Dutton-Lainson Company’s self-locking brake winches provide safety, convenience, and control for multipurpose hauling and lifting jobs. The fully automatic friction brake. It supplies constant, positive holding action when the handle is released (when cranking stops, the load stops), preventing runaway loads.
- Laminated, high carbon steel gears for longer life
- All gears in models DLB800A through B3503 are heat treated for increased strength
- Permanently lubricated bearings on driveshafts are maintenance-free
- Heavy-duty steel handles with ergonomic molded grips
- Copper brazed driveshaft gears for durability
- Rigid, welded reel construction for added strength
- Load matched gear ratios for easier cranking
- Zinc plated TUFFPLATE® finish
- Slotted mounting holes for easy installation
- Heavy gauge embossed and reinforced steel bases for extra strength
- Meets ASAE Safety Standard S361.3
- The handle is an integral part of the braking mechanism
Built for multipurpose hauling and lifting operations. Not used as hoists for lifting, supporting, or transporting people, or for loads over areas where people could be present.
DLB vs. B-Series Brake Winch Comparison
|Feature||DLB- Series||B1200s||B1500s/ B2500s/ B3503|
|Four models are available with an optional freewheel lever to put in freewheel mode||X|
|Accepts 2″ wide strap||X|
|Driveshaft gear teeth and reel gear teeth are induction hardened for increased strength||X||X|
|All gear and shaft surfaces are case hardened for maximum strength||X|
|Larger 8 pitch gear teeth for increased strength||X|
|Largest 6 pitch gear teeth for maximum strength||X|
|Multiple drum hub diameter options for increased lifting and pulling speed||X||X|
|Standard 12-1/4″ handle||X||X|
|Braking mechanism protected by an external cover||X||X|
|All drive gears protected by an external cover||X|
|Internal reel gears for more gear contact (reduces wear and increases strength)||X|
|Driveshaft needle bearings to reduce wear||X|
|Intended for a higher frequency and duration of use||X|
- Dutton-Lainson® brake winch for horizontal pulling and vertical lifting applications
- 2,500 lb. capacity
- 12 1/4 in. handle with ergonomic handle grip
- Built-in fully automatic friction brake holds load exactly in the position
- Zinc plated TUFFPLATE® finish on base and hardware, powder-coated black reel
- Identical to B2502 and B2503 except for 1 5/16 in. reel hub diameter
- Intended for a higher frequency and duration of use than DLB-series brake winches
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Requires a 300 lb. minimum operating load to function properly