StrongArm SA7000DC 12v DC Electric Winch
The Dutton-Lainson StrongArm SA7000DC 12v DC Electric Winch provides the load-moving muscle with just the push of a button or switch, saving manpower and making quick work of difficult loading and pulling jobs.
- Gear-train uses heat-treated sintered-iron gears for smooth, quiet operation
- Final drive gears heat-treated high carbon steel for greater strength
- Precision needle bearings used in high-load areas for low friction and longer life
- A die-formed base adapted for quick mounting applications
- Hook safety snap keeps load securely attached
- High impact weather resistant case provides excellent protection for cable and internal components
- Attractive brushed stainless steel front plate for superior rust resistance
- The electric switch automatically returns to the “OFF” position when released
- Accessories allow for easy mounting on trailers, vehicle hitch balls, and other machinery and equipment
- Also compatible with 2″ wide strap
What makes StrongArm® electric winches different?
- is more compact, allowing the winch to fit into tight spaces better than long, open-reel winches.
- Aesthetically attractive- black outer case and smooth lines vs. a long, open-reel look.
- Safer, as cable and reel are enclosed inside the cover. On open-reel winches, fingers can get caught in the reel or cable as the winch is operated, and any frayed strands of cable can cause cuts.
- Protects cable. So it’s not exposed to the elements, which accelerates the wear and rusting.
- Clutch release- user can payout load in neutral and still control it with clutch mechanism. Other winches can only freewheel with no load on the winch, so the only way to let loadout is by using the motor, which is slower and results in extra wear and tear. Also, the clutch lever automatically returns to a locked position when released (except on the TW4000).
- Spur gear system vs. planetary gears- a planetary gear system generates much more heat and draws more amps from the power source. Because the motor and gears are attached directly to the spool, the heat build-up from running the winch transfers directly to the drum and cable. In contrast, the StrongArm® winch’s spur gear system is much more efficient, it gives off less heat, and it draws fewer amps.
- Rating system:
- Capacity ratings are based on the third layer of cable. Other winches are rated based on the first layer of cable.
DC winches are great for mobile applications or around water (for vertical lifting applications, order a winch with no clutch lever installed). Easy to install and operate on:
- Racecar trailers (also for moving extra tires)
- Antique car trailers
- Boat trailers
- Hay bale movers
- Pickup cranes
- Livestock feeding equipment
- Livestock trailers
- Boat lifts
- Articulating conveyors
All D-L StrongArm® electric winches are built for multipurpose hauling and pulling operations. Do not use as hoists for lifting, supporting, or transporting people, or for handling loads over areas where people could be present.
- NOTE: Built for horizontal pulling applications. For vertical lifting applications, order a winch with no clutch lever installed (the price is the same).
- NOTE: This winch has a maximum run time of 3 minutes. See the owner’s manual for more details.
- StrongArm® 12 volt DC electric winch for horizontal pulling applications
- 1,500 lb. single-line capacity, 2,200 lb. double-line capacity
- Power in, power out, controlled freewheeling clutch, dynamic motor brake, and automatic mechanical friction brake
- 50 ft. of 3/16 in. galvanized aircraft cable, pulley block with snap hook, and snap hook
- The Clutch lever allows for smooth load control and easy cable removal
- Powered by your vehicle battery, using included wiring harness (25 ft. positive battery wire, 8 ft. ground wire)
- Electric switch and clutch controls are conveniently located on the same side for easy operation
- High-torque 12 volt DC motor has circuit-breaker overload protection
- Includes emergency crank handle in case of power loss
- Made in the U.S.A.